<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: WOW... Has it really been so long?

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WOW... Has it really been so long?

G'day mate!

WOW, it's been over a month since my last post! Time flies when you're staring into the beady and lifeless eyes of a monster that knows no fear... just pain. And yes, I am talking about YORK UNIVERSITY!

It's been a crazy month, so its time for some updates:
- Reading week has come and gone, and now school is back again *damn it*
- Currently reading a book entitled "The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon, which is in the mind of an autistic child, not my usual horror-themed read, but I'm waiting for Daniel to finish the new Stephen King :P
- I saw Jumper.... it was entertaining. I wish I could teleport...
- Got a rejection letter from UBC.... 1 down, 3 to go *fingers crossed*

Today, when I was walking down the halls of York, I started thinking about lives. Everyone has a story, a life to live, right? It's as if, we are all walking around seeing and experiencing life through our own video camera. But EVERY SINGLE PERSON has their own history/story/video. And then, it occurred to me that everyone's life is a series of moments that would be completely different if another person encountered the exact same experience. Based on our development and history, we react to new stimuli and environments to suit our behaviour. Are we all just a series of biochemical and electrical reactions? See, this is the kind of stuff I think about when I'm left alone to my thoughts....lol...just thinking about that made my head hurt.

Well, I think that's enough innane ramblings for now.

Cheers!

P.S. I will try to update the Blog twice weekely... if I don't send me an e-mail, and I WILLL!!! Thanks Blacky for reminding me :D

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Manly,
Glad to read your blog again...it really has been too long! Don't let the dis from UBC pull you down - it rains in Vancouver 90% of the time anyways, and your hair couldn't take it :P

Have you ever taking a philosophy course?? I never did, but you would probably really enjoy it.
Blackie

 
At February 21, 2008 at 6:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your three other applications! :)

Btw, that's an excellent read!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home