<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: True Happiness

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Sunday, March 30, 2008

True Happiness

Before I start this entry, I'm sorry for the bit of a complicated rant on my last blog entry regarding time travel. Looking back, I can understand why some people found it a bit confusing and hard to follow. Basically, I was thinking about Back to the Future, so if you don't understand it..... rent those movies!!!

Recently I've been thinking alot about what meant a lot to us as kids.

As kids, life is much simpler and the littlest things make us happy. For instance, when I was a kid, I was OBSESSED with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Literally, I was bona fide obsessed. They were my favourite show, t-shirts, toys, comic books, everything. Observing this, my parents took the entire family to Universal Studio's in Orlando Florida. The goal was simple: SEE THE NINJA TURTLES LIVE! The day came, and the excitement was palpable in the air, I even dressed up for the occasion. I wore a purple eye-band, like Donatello, while Daniel wore a red one, for Raphael.

Finally, we arrived at the stage (which was designed like a scene from the cartoon) and I was ready to explode. They were late, but when they hit the stage, it was like magic personified. On that stage, they could do NO wrong in my eyes. During the last song, I remember it clear as day, Donatello recognized my get up and pointed at me. THAT was the first time I ever experienced TRUE happiness.

Looking back, I know that it was just a person in a costume parading about for minimum wage in a hot costume. But, even that does not tarnish the memory of that say. My dad says that we stood in line for a LONG time to get the autographs of all the ninja turtles, as well as April O'Neal... but none of that matters.

I hope that those individuals know what joy they brought to this little boy's life, and I take this opportunity to thank you... wherever you are :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home