<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: That Which Lacks A Point

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Thursday, March 12, 2009

That Which Lacks A Point

It has been a long, long, long week.

I've been really busy with school and school related activities.

I've been staying up late doing school work, and as a consequence, I am falling asleep on my couch at night while taking a break and watching some TV.

My main problem is this one course I have on Mondays, which is pointless. It has no real-life purpose. The course is moot.

We shall call the course, "That Which Lacks a Point"

It is taught by two professors, who tag-team teach. It's a little odd. One teaches while the other one stands to the side and just sorta watches ... with a weird smile on their face. One of them, every time he contradicts himself, I want to take a fire poker to the back of his head. And with my science and extensive CSI background I COULD make it look like an accident ... lol.

Just kidding! Or not ;) Hahaha.

For our latest assignment, one of them told the entire class to write a story about numbers. And not just any numbers, people's salaries.

Shockingly, people don't want to talk about their salaries. Nor do other people want to comment on them, regardless how insane they are.

And what he keeps harping on and on about, is to "find a story, make it personal, make it about people."

Honestly, HOW CAN YOU TELL A GOOD STORY ABOUT NUMBERS WHEN PEOPLE WON'T TALK TO YOU????

Ahhh, the life of a student journalist.

I wonder, will things be the same when I'm a professional? Or will I get a bit more street cred when I actually work for a real-life publication?

Here's to the future!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home