<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: A Happy-er Post

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Friday, April 10, 2009

A Happy-er Post

Well, I am FINALLY back home for a little bit, after months of toiling in J-School.

When I got home, we had a big dinner with family and friends, and an interesting note was brought up.

One of my sister's best friends brought something up.

"David, what's up with J-School? I mean, do you hate it there or something? All your blogs of late have been sad and kinda depressing about how much you hate it there and how much the job sucks. Write something HAPPIER."

And apparently, it's not just me! According to Claire's blog, Take Your Blazer and Get Out, she was approached by an incoming MJ student and was asked if she actually hates the program.

Let's get it straight ... I do NOT hate the MJ program. It is a very busy and stressful program. You are kept busy almost all the time, and sometimes, the never-ending deadlines and stress of producing something "newsy" gets annoying.

However, I have done stuff I never would have thought, and put some pretty good stuff together. I have mentioned what I've liked in previous posts, so I will not re-hash it here, but there are quite a few.

I've also met the 20 excellent people in my MJ program, and made a lot of friends. They are all fantastic! Really.

And, like Claire mentioned, people tend to blog about something odd or interesting that has happened to them, not so much the rare days off or days where you are just too tired to do anything.

Now, this has seemed more reflective than happy ... so let's inject some joy into the jelly centre of this post.

I FINALLY got an internship! I've been trying to get one since January, and it is a lot harder than you would think, even if you are willing to go unpaid. But, I got one working with the government (as with almost everyone else in Ottawa).

It will be interesting, and hopefully, a good time :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Erika said...

Congrats on the internship! Is it the NSERC thing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home